Editorial Update: 9/14/2023
The Detroit Auto Show announced today that Jennifer Hudson, winner of all four major American entertainment awards, will take the stage Friday, Sept. 15 at the Detroit Auto Show’s signature Black-Tie Charity Preview. The Charity Preview benefits six children’s charities in Southeast Michigan and will be held at Huntington Place in Detroit.
“It’s a thrill to have such an incredible talent, especially one who portrayed the Detroit music legend Aretha Franklin, grace our auto show stage on a night that celebrates everything great about this city,” said Detroit Auto Show Chairman Thad Szott.
Tickets to Charity Preview are available at naias.com/charity-preview-tickets. WXYZ-TV Channel 7 is the Official Television Partner of the event.
Charity Preview Background
Charity Preview has raised more than $100 million for children’s charities in Southeastern Michigan over the past 25 years alone. In total, the event has generated over $123 million since its inception in 1976. Beneficiaries for this year’s Charity Preview include:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeastern Michigan
- The Children’s Center
- The Children’s Foundation
- Detroit Auto Dealers Association Charitable Foundation Fund, a fund of the Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan
- Detroit PAL
- University of Michigan Health C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital
Schedule of Events for 2023 Charity Preview
- 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. – Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony in Huntington Place Atrium
- 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. – Auto show floor open
- 8:00 p.m. – Jennifer Hudson special performance at Charity Preview on main show floor
- 9:15 p.m. – Shaggy special performance on the Atrium Stage of Huntington Place
ABOUT THE DETROIT AUTO SHOW:
The Detroit Auto Show is one of the most influential annual automotive events in the world and a showcase for emerging technologies. The iconic show features brand-defining vehicles, product ride-and-drives and dynamic experiential activations. The event includes: Media Day, an opportunity for automakers and industry suppliers to debut new products and technologies; Technology Days, a chance to preview emerging mobility technologies and engage with innovators; Mobility Global Forum, a two-day symposium on mobility trends and new technologies; AutoMobili-D, an inside look at future mobility platforms; Charity Preview, a signature fundraising gala for children’s charities; and the Public Show, a nine-day mobility and community celebration. For more information, visit naias.com.
DATES FOR THE DETROIT AUTO SHOW:
- Media Day, Wednesday, Sept. 13
- Technology Days and AutoMobili-D, Wednesday, Sept. 13 and Thursday, Sept. 14
- Mobility Global Forum, Wednesday, Sept. 13 and Thursday, Sept. 14
- Charity Preview, Friday, Sept. 15
- Public Show, Saturday, Sept. 16 through Sunday, Sept. 24