We encourage you to read this policy to learn more about what information we collect, how we use it, and how you can opt-out of receiving communications from us. Additionally, this policy includes information about how we endeavor to protect your data. If you have any questions about our collection and use of your information, please contact us at 248.643.0250.
Information We Collect
- Traffic Data Collected. We automatically track and collect the following information when you visit our Site and/or use the App, including your: (i) IP address; (ii) domain server; (iii) type of computer; and (iv) type of web browser (collectively “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify you but is helpful to improve your experience on the Site and/or App and to track usage. We may also use “cookies” to customize content specific to your interests, to ensure that you do not see the same promotional content repeatedly and to store your password (if one is required to be issued) so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit the Site and/or App.
- Personal Information Collected. In order for you to access certain services and/or to purchase products offered at the Site and/or through the App, we may require you to provide us with information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information may include: (i) Contact Data (such as your name, mailing and e-mail addresses); (ii) Financial Data (such as your account or credit card number); and (iii) Demographic Data (such as your zip code, age and income). If you communicate with us by email, or complete survey forms online, any information you provide may be collected as Personal Information.
NAIAS only collects and stores the Personal Information that you have chosen to voluntarily provide. We may collect Personal Information in various ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit the Site and/or use the App, click on links on the Site or App, register on the Site or App, place an order, subscribe to an electronic communication, contact NAIAS via an email address provided in a hyperlink, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site and App.
We use the Personal Information as follows:
- To process your request to receive our electronic communications.
- To permit you to participate in our polls and surveys.
- To complete a transaction you request.
- To optimize your user experience on our Site and/or App.
- To comply with the law, a court order, or comply with legal process served on us, and to protect and defend our rights or property.
- To track and analyze nonidentifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
- If NAIAS collects your Personal Information for one of the purposes described above, we may store such information on our servers or in one (or more) of our databases. If you do not want us to use and store your information in accordance with this policy, please do not submit any Personal Information to us.
Providing Personal Data to Others
Your personal information is stored on secure servers that are not accessible by third parties. We provide you with the capability to transmit your personal information via secured and encrypted channels if you use a similarly equipped web browser. We will obtain your permission to release your personal information before allowing you to use any of our services that require us to release your personal information to a third party.
Non-personally Identifiable Information
We also collect non-personally identifiable information about your visit to our Site and/or use of our App. This information is aggregated and cannot be used to identify you personally. We may share this generic, non-personally identifiable regarding visitors and users with our business partners, affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We use your non-personally identifiable information to manage our Site and our App. We may use this data to customize and tailor your experience on the Site and/or App, in order to display content that may interest you according to your preferences.
You may have certain rights under the Communications Act, Federal Trade Commission Act, and other state. federal, and international statutes such as CASL and GDPR that may also apply.
User Choice/ OPT OUT
You may choose not to provide us with any personal information. In that case you can still access and use much of the Site; however you will not be able to access and use portions of the Site or App that require your personal information. If you do not wish to receive information and promotional material from us or from some of our partners, you may select the appropriate “opt out” option each time we ask you for personal information.
International Transfer of Information
Individual Rights of European Union Residents
- Request access to any personal information we hold about you (“Subject Access Request”) as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the personal information, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the personal information has been shared, where possible, the period for which the personal information will be stored, the source of the personal information, and the existence of any automated decision making;
- Obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- Request that personal information held about you is deleted;
- Prevent or restrict processing of your personal information; and
- Request transfer of personal information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us using the Contact Us page or at 248.643.0250.
We will store your personal information, in a form which permits us to identify you, for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the personal information is processed. These rights may be limited in some situations, for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your information. In some instances, this may mean that we are able to retain your information even if you withdraw your consent. We may retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically reasonably feasible to remove it. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your personal information quickly upon your request. We hope we can satisfy any queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data or would like to opt-out of receiving marketing communications, please contact us at 248.643.0250.
You have the right to confirmation of whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data, together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data. Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will supply you a copy of your personal data. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee.
For residents of the European Union, in the event you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to complain to a data protection authority.
Children’s Privacy Statement
This children’s privacy statement explains our practices with respect to the online collection and use of personal information from children under the age of 13, and provides important information on your rights under federal law with respect to such information.
- We do NOT knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 as part of the Site and/or the App. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of 13 through the Site or App, we will delete such information from our records.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 as part of the Site or App, we also do NOT knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
- We do NOT knowingly allow children under the age of 13 to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information through the Site or App.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 as part of the Site or App, we do NOT condition the participation in the Site or App’s online activities of a child under 13 on providing personally identifiable information.
Lost or Stolen Information
For those who are registered to use the site for specialized services or to purchase products, you must promptly notify us if your credit card, user name or password is lost, stolen or used without permission. In such an event, we will cancel that credit card number, user name or password and update our records accordingly.
Other Limits to Your Privacy
The Site contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. Please understand that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes subject to the privacy policies and practices of those site. We have no control over its use and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
You can also write to us at:
North American International Auto Show
1900 W. Big Beaver Road
Troy, MI 48084
Last Updated: 02/24/2020