JANUARY 14-21, 2018
The inaugural launch of AutoMobili-D in 2017 featured more than 180 brands, ranging from automakers, to suppliers, to tech startups as well as universities and government organizations. No other event in North America provides an international platform for this vast array of companies, organizations and thought leaders under one roof.
From John Krafcik debuting the fully autonomous Chrysler Pacifica, to Carlos Ghosn providing insights into Nissan’s plans for a connected future, to Julia Steyn on Maven’s outlook on urban mobility as a “service,” these great industry leaders and many others took the stage and delivered more than 40 hours of mobility-focused announcements and discussions.
Located only steps away from the over 5,000 journalists using the industry-best Michelin Media Center, AutoMobili-D features 150,000 sq. ft. of dynamic display communities in the Cobo Center Atrium overlooking the international waterway and the adjoining Planet M hall.
Unique communities of participating companies and tech startups will cover the following five key mobility areas.
The Michigan Economic Development Corporation will play a significant role in supporting AutoMobili-D in 2018. PlanetM, the state’s partnership branding initiative to foster, retain and grow the mobility sector and position Michigan as the global epicenter for future transportation, will spearhead many new initiatives during the 2018 show, including:
- Future Automotive Career Exposition (FACE) – Participating AutoMobili-D companies will have the opportunity to interact face-to-face with qualified candidates and fill needed positions across a wide array of disciplines at the first weekend of Public Show (Jan. 20 – 21).
- Match Meetings – Through a series of vetted, prescheduled meetings on Monday and Tuesday (Jan. 15 – 16) of Press Days, as well as Wednesday (Jan. 17), the first Industry Preview day, participating AutoMobili-D companies will now be able to connect and meet with four key audience groups:
- Venture Capitalists
Timing and Content
AutoMobili-D will kick-off with keynote addresses and press conferences on Sunday, January 14, 2018, the first day of NAIAS Press Days (Jan. 14-16), and will remain open throughout the first weekend of Public Show (Jan. 20-21). NAIAS will dedicate specific press conference slots for participating AutoMobili-D companies on the afternoons of both Press Days.
Planet M Hall will be open:
Sunday, January 14, 2018 – Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Press credential required.
12:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, January 17, 2018 – Thursday, January 18, 2018
12:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Friday, January 19, 2018
Charity Preview ticket required. Get tickets here.
6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, January 20, 2018 & Sunday, January 21, 2018
Public Show ticket required. Get tickets here.
10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
AutoMobili-D will showcase a special innovation community within the exposition that will feature 50 startups from around the world. Now in its second year, NAIAS has partnered with Techstars Mobility, based in Detroit, to curate the roster of participating startups and provide its expertise on innovators looking to disrupt the transportation industry.
“The worldwide response from startups that came to last year’s AutoMobili-D blew me away,” said Ted Serbinski, Managing Director of Techstars Mobility. “If you’re building anything innovative in the automotive mobility industry, you’re going to pass through Detroit at some point. AutoMobili-D is the perfect entry point for early-stage innovative startups to build up their network with key influencers and decision makers in the automotive mobility industry.”
Startup Success Stories from 2017 AutoMobili-D
Nearly 50 startups participated from all around the globe, including the U.S., Canada, Dubai, London, and Portugal. The technologies included artificial intelligence and machine learning, to autonomous and connected platforms, to infrastructure communications and security applications.
One of those startups is Acerta, which offers an artificial intelligence platform for machine analytics that provides automakers and suppliers with automatic and real-time malfunction detection and failure prediction. At AutoMobili-D, founder Greta Cutulenco met ZF Group, one of the largest global suppliers. ZF Group soon became a key customer, which helped lead to Acerta raising a $2M seed round.
In addition, NAIAS and Techstars Mobility received feedback from startups stating they garnered significant customer leads and business development opportunities. Here are a few statements from the founders of the startups:
- “It was a cream of the crop event. You can network more in four days at AutoMobili-D than in four years through other channels.” — John Mohyi, CEO & Co-Founder, Mohyi Labs
- “It was an amazing way for our company to not only get access to top players in the automotive industry but to actually talk with the top-level decision makers.” — Jordan Warzecha, CEO & Co-Founder, Backstitch
- “AutoMobili-D is a great place to get attention and build relationships with OEMs, tier 1 suppliers, investors & other autotech founders.” — James Bellefeuille, Vugo
- “Amazing opportunity to engage with leading automotive executives. We were amazed by the quality of the meetings.” — Stefanie Lemke, CEO & Co-Founder, GoKid
- “The show was really valuable for us because of the relationships we were able to foster. The BizDevDay meetings alone made the trip worthwhile.” — Jon Harmer, COO & Co-Founder, LaaSer
- “It was exactly what we needed.” — Shiva Bhardwaj, CEO & Co-Founder, Pitstop
- “Without a doubt one of the most important events to be a part of.” — Evan Saunders, Head of Sales & Marketing, URB-E
- “It was simply amazing. Being surrounded by other startups and tech companies in the AutoMobili-D space gave us a thorough understanding of what the future of the auto industry will look like.” — Mohsen Mohsenpour, ShiftRide
TECHSTARS AUTOMOBILI-D MOBILITY ADVISORY BOARD
New for 2018 is the formation of the Mobility Advisory Board for AutoMobili-D. This advisory board will be helping to curate startups at AutoMobili-D, speaking on panels and keynote presentations, and lending support to continue to build the innovation bridge between Detroit and Silicon Valley.
– Reilly Brennan, General Partner, Trucks Venture Capital
– Ernestine Fu, Partner, Alsop Louie Partners
– Amy Gu, Managing Partner, Hemi Ventures
– Mar Hershenson, Managing Partner, Pear VC
– Mark Platshon, Managing Director, Icebreaker Ventures
– Jim Scheinman, Founding Managing Partner, Maven Ventures
– Ted Serbinski, Managing Director, Techstars Mobility
– Chris Thomas, Founder and Partner, Fontinalis Partners
– Marc Weiser, Managing Director, RPM Ventures
– Greta Cutulenco, CEO and Co-Founder, Acerta
– Eric Gunderson, CEO, Mapbox
– Josh Hartung, CEO and Co-Founder, PolySync
– Diane Lansinger, CEO and Co-Founder, SEEVA
– Daryn Nakhuda, CEO and Co-Founder, Mighty AI
– Jake Sigal, CEO, Tome Software
– Sven Beiker, Managing Director and Founder, Silicon Valley Mobility
– Harry Campbell, CEO and Founder, The Rideshare Guy
– Mark de la Vergne, Chief of Mobility Innovation, City of Detroit
– Liz Keen, Head of Brand and Communications, Sherpa Capital
– Trevor Pawl, Group Vice President, Planet M, Michigan Economic Development Corporation
– Gary Silberg, Partner, National Sector Lead Partner for Automotive Industry, KPMG
– Glenn Stevens, Executive Director, MICHauto and Vice President of Automotive and Mobility Initiatives, Detroit Regional Chamber
NAIAS: THE FUTURE STARTS HERE
Home to an extraordinary array of automotive research and development and advanced manufacturing assets, Detroit and Michigan has quickly established themselves as the global epicenter for connected and autonomous vehicle research and technology. With more than 89,000 engineers, Michigan ranks first in the nation for its concentration of engineering talent and number of automotive related businesses (462).
“The way the world views mobility is being reshaped and redefined right here in Michigan,” said Rod Alberts, Executive Director, NAIAS. “There’s unparalleled research, design, testing and infrastructure development happening right in our backyard. When coupled with the global stage NAIAS provides, this creates the ideal venue for both established companies and tech startups alike to showcase their technologies and future products to an unrivaled concentration of industry peers and international media.”
For more information on AutoMobili-D, contact Bob Caza, NAIAS communications director at email@example.com. Companies interested in exhibiting can contact Tavi Fulkerson of the Fulkerson Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Title Sponsor of AutoMobili-D
AutoMobili-D Opening Reception and Keynote Sponsors
AutoMobili-D Special Attraction Sponsors
Official Strategic Partner of AutoMobili-D
For further information regarding NAIAS sponsorship opportunities, please contact Tavi Fulkerson of The Fulkerson Group at 248-819-8332 or email@example.com.