Shell Oil Company will return to the 2017 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) as a Premier Sponsor invested in putting the spotlight on the future of automobility.
Shell’s program includes a high-velocity, provocative symposium, “The Futures Forum,” featuring thought-leaders from all walks of the automotive community: industry and academia to icons and influencers among others moderated by Prof. Michael Shanks, Center for Design Research at Stanford University.
Join Shell at 8:00AM EST on Tuesday, January 10th at the AutoMobili-D stage in the Cobo Center Atrium for this exciting symposium and an opportunity to drive one of the actual examples from the “The Futures Forum” – the Shell Concept Car co-engineered, designed and built with Gordon Murray Design and Geo Technology. Attendees are invited to arrive early for breakfast in the Atrium studio, available from 7:00AM-9:30AM.
Shell’s “The Futures Forum” will touch on an array of mobility topics ranging from design to regulation and production to collection. You can expect to hear from:
- Michael Bell, Professor of Architecture, Columbia University (New York)
- Markus Braunsperger, CTO, Hero MotoCorp (Jaipur, INDIA)
- Carlo Ducci, Features Director, Casa Vogue and Vogue Italia (Milan, ITALY)
- Mark Gessler, President, HVA and National Historic Vehicle Register (Washington, DC)
- Johann Lamercier, Program Manager, Ferrari Design (Maranello, ITALY)
- Gary Peters, United States Senator (D-Michigan)
- Stewart Reed, Chairman, Transportation Design, Art Center College of Design (Pasadena)
- Sam Schillace, VP Engineering for Industry Solutions, Google (Palo Alto, CA)
- Joachim Taiber, CTO, International Transportation Innovation Center (Greenville, SC)
- Ed Welburn – The Welburn Group (Detroit)
To confirm your RSVP to attend the breakfast prior to the “The Futures Forum” or the reserve your place to drive the Shell Concept Car, please reach out to [email protected].