Chevrolet, along with students from Detroit’s Cody Rouge community, A World in Motion and FIRST LEGO® League, unveiled its life-size LEGO® Batmobile today at NAIAS. Measuring 17-feet long and featuring exclusive stud shooters, the vehicle was inspired by Batman’s Speedwagon featured in “The LEGO® Batman Movie,” which hits U.S. theaters on Feb. 10.
The LEGO® Batmobile from Chevrolet will also appear in the next variation of Chevrolet’s “Real People, Not Actors” campaign. In the new spot, real LEGO® Minifigure™ figurines discuss what kind of person would drive the all-new LEGO® Batmobile.
LEGO® Batmobile Fast Facts:
- It’s 83 inches (6.92 feet) high, 204 inches (17 feet) long and 111 inches (9.25 feet) wide.
- Total weight is 1,695.5 pounds. Each tire is just over 100 pounds.
- The interior frame is made from more than 86 feet of square tube aluminum and weighs 282.5 pounds.
- Total number of LEGO® bricks used to build the Batmobile: 344,187
- Total number of LEGO® colors used: 17
- The LEGO® Batmobile took 222 hours to design and 1,833 hours to build.
- The LEGO® Batmobile was designed and assembled in the LEGO® Model Shop in Enfield, Connecticut, by LEGO® Master Builders.