Startup applications for the 2019 AutoMobili-D showcase are now open
The startup expo at AutoMobili-D runs January 14-17, 2019 in downtown Detroit.
AutoMobili-D will showcase a special innovation community within the exposition that will feature 50 startups from around the world. Now in its third year, NAIAS has partnered with Techstars Mobility, based in Detroit, to curate the roster of participating startups and provide its expertise on innovators looking to disrupt the transportation industry.
“The worldwide response from startups that came to last year’s AutoMobili-D blew me away,” said Ted Serbinski, Managing Director of Techstars Mobility. “If you’re building anything innovative in the automotive mobility industry, you’re going to pass through Detroit at some point. AutoMobili-D is the perfect entry point for early-stage innovative startups to build up their network with key influencers and decision makers in the automotive mobility industry.”
Startup Success Stories from AutoMobili-D
Over 50 startups participated from all around the globe, including the U.S., Canada, Dubai, London, and Portugal. The technologies included artificial intelligence and machine learning, to autonomous and connected platforms, to infrastructure communications and security applications.
In addition, NAIAS and Techstars Mobility received feedback from startups stating they garnered significant customer leads and business development opportunities. Here are a few statements from the founders of the startups:
- “It was a cream of the crop event. You can network more in four days at AutoMobili-D than in four years through other channels.” — John Mohyi, CEO & Co-Founder, Mohyi Labs
- “It was an amazing way for our company to not only get access to top players in the automotive industry but to actually talk with the top-level decision makers.” — Jordan Warzecha, CEO & Co-Founder, Backstitch
- “AutoMobili-D is a great place to get attention and build relationships with OEMs, tier 1 suppliers, investors & other autotech founders.” — James Bellefeuille, Vugo
- “Amazing opportunity to engage with leading automotive executives. We were amazed by the quality of the meetings.” — Stefanie Lemke, CEO & Co-Founder, GoKid
- “The show was really valuable for us because of the relationships we were able to foster. The BizDevDay meetings alone made the trip worthwhile.” — Jon Harmer, COO & Co-Founder, LaaSer
- “It was exactly what we needed.” — Shiva Bhardwaj, CEO & Co-Founder, Pitstop
- “Without a doubt one of the most important events to be a part of.” — Evan Saunders, Head of Sales & Marketing, URB-E
- “It was simply amazing. Being surrounded by other startups and tech companies in the AutoMobili-D space gave us a thorough understanding of what the future of the auto industry will look like.” — Mohsen Mohsenpour, ShiftRide
- “AutoMobili-D offers a more curated, intimate feel for startups than what CES has to offer. Also, more representation from the academic community too.” — Ro Gupta, CARMERA
- “The amount of relevant contacts was just great. These leads were diverse and important, both on the customer side and investment. For active exhibitors Automobili-D is definitely one of the best opportunities and highly recommended to anyone in mobility/automotive.” — Evgeny Klochikhin, Parkofon
- Exhibiting at NAIAS/AutoMobili-D gave CAI the platform to keep the 7M+ enthusiasts/investors who have classic cars and hot rods registered in the U.S. part of the ADAS/V2X conversation. Being able to validate our company and product direction with industry experts and peers, that we might otherwise have had difficulty reaching, was priceless.” — Pam Induni, CMO, Classic Automotive Innovations