American Red Cross Blood Drive
The American Red Cross will be hosting a blood drive on Saturday, January 14, Sunday, January 15, and Monday, January 16 as well as Saturday, January 21. Contributors may donate from 2 p.m. – 7:45 p.m. in rooms 250 ABC . American Red Cross staff members encourage both walk-ins and/or scheduling appointments at www.redcrossblood.org/give/drive/driveSearch.jsp (Sponsor code: naias)
For further information, please contact Kelley DeLong, American Red Cross, at Kelley.Delong@redcross.org.
Cars on Parade
Everyone loves a parade, and this year’s NAIAS will feature a parade of cars, local stars and some special surprises from The Parade Company, organizers of America’s Thanksgiving Parade. During the Public Show — from Jan. 14-22 — the NAIAS will feature a parade on the main show floor at 3:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. daily. Each parade will feature a host of ultra-luxury automobiles, local personalities from television, radio and sports, and even some clowns and special props from The Parade Company.
2017 NAIAS Photo Contest
The North American International Auto Show, LLC (“NAIAS”) is offering early entrance to the 2017 NAIAS, at 8 a.m. through Hall C on Tuesday, January 17, 2017 only, for ticket holders with cameras who wish to enter into categories: Best Production Car; Best Concept Car; Most Creative Photo; and Ally “New Car Smell” Exhibit.
Click here for more information about the 2017 NAIAS Photo Contest.
Tuesday, January 17, 2017
Presented by The Kroger Co. of Michigan. Military and veterans in uniform or with military ID will get complimentary access to the show on January 17 (through entrance at hall C). They also can purchase $9 tickets for accompanying family members for that day.
Click here for more information about Military Day.
NAIAS Education Days
NAIAS Education Days, which will be open to school groups of all ages on Wednesday January 18 and to Detroit Public School pre-K students in support of Grow Up Great on Thursday January 19. NAIAS Education Days provide an educational opportunity to learn more about the automotive industry. More than 4,000 area school children attend. Education Days Shell and PNC Grow Up Great.
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Information regarding NAIAS Education Day on Wednesday, January 18 can be found at www.naias.com/ned.htm.
Thursday, January 19, 2017
• PNC – NAIAS Education Day partner, PNC will welcome the Grow Up Great students to participate in a number of educational activities, including an Arts and Scraps project. After they finish lunch, the children will be led to the NAIAS show floor where they will participate in a group photo, enjoy a parade with local mascots and take part in hands-on activities throughout several of the exhibits. One of the participating students will be given the opportunity to win a booster seat. All students will then be treated to their very own exclusive book and stuffed animal along with lesson plans to bring NAIAS STREAM education home.
The Detroit Tigers Winter Caravan
Fans of the Detroit Tigers will have the chance to see some of the their favorite players and even Tigers mascot PAWS when the team stops by the Chevrolet Display on Friday, January 20 at 2:45 p.m.
WXYZ Family Day
This Friday, January 20 is WXYZ-TV Channel 7 Family Day at NAIAS at Cobo Center. Channel 7 has a full lineup of celebrities and family activities planned for the day – starting at 11 a.m. The activities, located in Cobo Center’s Atrium, are free and run until 7 p.m.
For motorsports enthusiasts, several drivers from the Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix will be at Family Day and will participate in a question-and-answer session at noon, hosted by Channel 7’s own Brad Galli. Drivers expected to be in attendance include:
- Simon Pagenaud – 2016 IndyCar champion
- Carlos Munoz – Two-Time Top Finisher in the Indianapolis 500
- Jordan Taylor – Driver in WeatherTech SportsCar Championship
- Ricky Taylor – Two-Time Top Finisher in the Grand Am Rolex Car Series
In addition to the racing fun, the Detroit Lions Cheerleaders will be there to entertain as will the Detroit Academy of Arts and Science choir and drum line. Several local companies are also joining Channel 7 with free activities for the entire family. The Southeast Michigan Ford Dealers will offer free games and prizes. Gardner White is giving away ‘The Big Picture Package’ to one lucky winner who enters at Family Day. The Mike Morse Law Firm will have a photo booth available for fun pictures for anyone who attends. And Saint Joseph Mercy Health System will let guests try their hand at robotic surgery using an actual da Vinci robot.
Fans will also get a chance to meet their favorite Channel 7 Action News personalities throughout the day.